What will the holiday be like?
Last year's trip was fantastic – and we plan to build on all the aspects that people enjoyed the most: worship; pre-dinner ministry; time for reflection; and an amazing opportunity to build lifelong friendships. There will be plenty of time for skiing (or walking if skiing's not your thing!) and exploring the extensive resort. We'll also plan an evening trip or two down into Morzine on the bubble lift.
Who and how many can come?
As this is more than just a ski holiday, we want to encourage everyone looking for a winter escape to come and join us. The majority of us will be part of St Dionis, but we welcome bookings from others looking for a Christian ski trip! The chalet sleeps 45 people. Remember: Last year was a sell-out and we expect spaces to go even faster this year! Book early to avoid disappointment!
Where is the resort? What is it like?
Chalet Inferno (excuse the name - it's actually very lovely!) is situated on the piste at Point du Nyon in Morzine. With access to the Les Gets and Portes du Soleil resorts, it is a stunning area with fantastic piste and off-piste skiing. When we were there in 2016, some of our group managed to ski all the way to a view of Lake Geneva! The town of Morzine is a bubble lift away, with shops, cafes and lots more.
And the accommodation?
This year we have exclusive use of Chalet Inferno (www.infernomorzine.com). The chalet is located on the piste, meaning absolutely NO carrying heavy skis to the ski lift. Simply put them on at the chalet door and off you go. The rooms are mainly twins and small group rooms (some double rooms will be available) with a mix of en suite and adjacent toilet, shower and bath facilities. All rooms have fantastic mountain views. In addition, there is a spacious dining room, lounge area and games room with pool table and plentiful board games!
How much does it cost?
The total cost for the trip is £699 (excluding flights).
This cost includes:
* Seven nights' accommodation with hearty breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner with wine and soft drinks.
* Return airport transfers from Geneva to Morzine.
* Six-day ski lift pass for the Les Gets resort (pass can be upgraded to Portes du Soleil for an additional cost).
* Hire of skis, boots and a helmet (skis can be upgraded for a small extra cost. If you have your own equipment please let us know and we will arrange your discount).
What flights should I book?
The cost of your flights is the only element not included in the £699. Whilst we are not planning a group booking, please make sure you book:
1. Outbound flights to arrive at Geneva airport between 9.30am and 1.30pm on Saturday 10th March. This will help us to group the transfers to the chalet.
2. Inbound flights to leave Geneva after 11am on Saturday 17th March. This is because the first bubble from the chalet leaves at 8.45am, and we must allow time for the transfer back to the airport.